I’ve often documented my love for Japanese and Italian food on this blog, but one cuisine that slightly neglected is Indian food. It doesn’t mean that I don’t love the cuisine but I think really good Indian restaurants are few and far between in London. However, I remember the first time I ever tasted truly excellent Indian food at Benares Restaurant in Mayfair and I was soon hooked.
Since that time several incredible and high end Indians have sprung up in London but Atul Kochhar will always be the first Indian chef to receive a Michelin star, with Benares Restaurant gaining it’s own star in 2007 and keeping it ever since. I’m collaborating with BuyaGift to offer my readers the opportunity to win the tasting menu at this temple of Indian food, scroll to the end to enter.
The name Benares is inspired by India’s holy city and the interior offers a taste of India with hand crafted furniture and beautiful water features.
Chef Kochhar has created an incredible menu with vast research and by combining his Indian heritage with his appreciation for fine British produce. The tasting menu truly is a celebration of his modern Indian food with elegant seafood, chicken and lamb dishes and ending on Atul’s version of traditional Indian desserts. As part of the prize the winners will also enjoying pairing a passion fruit chutney martini with the dinner.
The luxury tasting menu and an aperitif at Benares Restaurant is worth over £200 so you an be sure to expect a totally spectacular night.
Competition closes 5.30pm Monday 3rd of October.
Terms and Conditions
- Prize is a celebratory tasting menu for two and martini at Benares Restaurant
- Voucher is valid until 25th November 2016
- Some black out dates apply and the tasting menu is only available at certain times. Please check with the restaurant on booking
- Wine pairings can be made but they are charged at an additional cost
- A service charge of 12.5% will be added to the bill.
- Book in advance and bring the voucher
Images provided by BuyaGift